Monroe College's Bronx campus is an ideal urban campus located in the bustling Fordham section.

New Rochelle

Located in downtown New Rochelle, the Monroe College New Rochelle campus is nestled in a diverse, thriving suburban community in Westchester County.

St. Lucia

Located on the Vide Boutielle Highway, Monroe College’s St. Lucia campus offers a practical education designed to give students a competitive edge in the workplace.

  • What financial aid is available at Monroe College?

    Financial aid at Monroe College may include federal grants and loans, NY State grants and Monroe College grants and merit-based aid.

    Am I eligible for financial aid?

    Citizens and permanent residents may be eligible for federal and/or N.Y. State financial aid. The amount of aid is based on government formulas which consider the family's income,household size and number enrolled in college.

    Do I have to apply for financial aid every year?

    Yes. You may begin the application process on October 1 of each year using your income from 2 years before. Starting on October 1, 2019, you should complete your 20/21 FAFSA application using your 2018 income information. Go to How to Apply

    When should I file my applications?

    New students: Deadlines vary depending on the semester a student enters. All applications must be completed on the web at

    Continuing students: the FAFSA on the Web process begins each October 1 ( Students should complete the FAFSA between October 1 and November 1 to ensure they are in the priority group for possible additional financial aid.

    Why should I file a FAFSA?

    The results of the FAFSA are used to determine a student’s eligibility for federal and state financial aid. Go to How to Apply

    Do I have to do anything special to receive my TAP?

    The FAFSA on the Web initiates the process. Students complete TAP as a part of the FAFSA process. Go to How to Apply

    How will I know when my federal financial aid has been disbursed?

    Federal aid is usually disbursed to students' accounts after the third week of the semester and each week thereafter. Federal aid cannot be disbursed until the FAFSA has been reviewed and approved and loans have been originated. When loans are disbursed to a student's account, students will receive an email from the Bursar's Office within 7 days of the disbursement.

    How do I determine if I am independent for federal aid?

    You are considered independent for federal aid if you:

    • Were born before 1/1/97  for the 2019-20 award year
    • Are working on a Master’s or Doctorate program
    • Are married
    • Support a child/children (You must be providing more than half of the child's support between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.)
    • Have dependents other than children or a spouse that you support (The dependent must be living with you and you must be providing more than half of his/her support between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020
    • Are an orphan or ward of the court
    • Are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
    • Are on active Military Duty
    • Have been in a legal guardianship or foster care situation since the age of 13
    • Have been designated as an emancipated minor by a court in your state of legal residence
    • Have been designated as being in a homeless situation

    How do I determine if I am independent for NY State Aid?

    You are considered independent for NY State aid for 2019 if you answer no to all of the following questions and will be 22 by June 30, 2019:

    • Did you or will you live in an apartment, house or building leased by your parents for more than 6 weeks during:

    • Were you or will you be claimed as a dependent on your parents’ federal or state tax return for:
      2018, 2019?

    • Did you or will you receive gifts, loans or other financial assistance worth more than $750 from your parents during:

    • Or if one of the following situations apply:
      Student who is age 35 by June 30, 2019 is FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT for TAP for the 2019-2020 year.

    • Student was honorably discharged from the Armed Forces of the U.S. and your parents did not claim you on their 2018 or 2019 tax return.  (Will need copy of your DD214.)

    How do I buy my books from an outside source?

    If you are a Pell eligible student, and choose not to use your bookstore voucher at the bookstore on campus, you must contact the Director of Financial Aid at either campus.